Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 26, 2012

love story...our story {the engagement}

read part one here.
read part two here.
read part three here.
read part four here.
read part five here.

-----------------------------------------------------------

February 2nd, 2007 started off just like an other Friday for me.

I was ready for the week to be over and was looking forward to date night with Michael.

We had made plans earlier that week to go to our favorite (and local] cafe in town, then head to a movie.

I didn't think anything of it.

Michael picked me up from my apartment around 5 and drove us over to the cafe for dinner.

The place was jam packed (as usual), so we had a bit of a wait, but nothing too badOur meals were both amazing, and we saved room for dessert (as we always did, when eating there).

As we were eating dessert, Michael got a perplexed look on his face and said,

"Oh shoot.  I forgot a homework assignment in the CTLT 
(sidenote: the CTLT is the education computer lab where we first hit it off...and he had worked a shift in there that afternoon) 
and need to get it so I can work on it this weekend. Is that ok if we stop by there on the way to the movie?"

Not thinking anything of it, I agreed. 

On the way over to the lab, I turned to Michael and said,
"Are you going to get in trouble for going into the lab?"

He turned back and said, 
"No. I have a key, remember?"

As we pulled into the lot, Michael asked if I wanted to come inside with him.

The first words out of my mouth were,
"Absolutely not!  It's dark and scary in there..."

but then I thought about sitting out in the car by myself, and told him I would go in with him.

It was dark inside, so I was trailing Michael closely.

He grabbed his assignment from the work desk, and we were headed back to the car when he turned to me and whispered,
"Did you hear that?  I think I heard something in one of the computer labs down the hall.  I'd better go check to make sure everything's ok."

I thought he was crazy.  
I was scared at that point!  

I knew I couldn't leave his side now, because if someone was in the lab, I didn't want to be by myself! 

As I was clinging onto Michael's arm, we began walking down the hallway.

One of the doors was open, and I could hear the faint sound of music playing and dim lights were shining out into the hallway.

That's when I knew something was fishy...       

My jaw dropped as Michael led me into the room.

  
Michael sat me down in the chair and began saying the sweetest things (of which I can't remember, because the whole thing is hazy as I was sitting in a state of complete shock).

All I heard was,
"Kristin __________ _____, I love you very much, I want you to spend the rest of your life with me...
will you marry me?"

and then he popped open the ring box.

I managed to squeak out a "YES!" through my shock and excitement.


We spent the next few minutes enjoying that special time together...


...and then I snapped a photo (or 5) of the new addition to my finger!


Obviously, we weren't going to make it to the movie 
(nor were we ever actually planning to, apparently...)

So Michael said, 
"Let's go back to your apartment so we can call our parents and friends."

The next event is also a complete blur, 
as I was shocked.

I turned the key to unlock my apartment, opened up the door, and heard,

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!"

I scanned the group of people,
(which included my parents, sisters, Grandma, Michael's parents, his brothers, and a few of our friends) 
turned around,
and walked right back out of the apartment.

I had to take a minute or two out in the hallway to regroup, as I was NOT prepared for that little surprise Michael had planned!

I walked back in and tried to fight back tears as I hugged everyone who congratulated us.

We celebrated with cake and champagne, and toasted to the next big chapter in our lives. 

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect proposal for us.


Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. I just love this! Way to go, Michael! Adorable.

    Also, I'm envious of you looking fab for your engagement. My nose was Rudolph red, and I'm pretty sure my lips were blue. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a sweet story! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, you crack me up! I'm sure your engagement was still PERFECT, though! :)

    Jillian, thank you! I was more than surprised...twice that night! Haha

    Kim, thank you for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your love story! I am trying to work on mine and it is so hard! I guess something that is so near and dear to my heart can be hard to put into words. I remembered that you had written about yours, so I came back last night and reread it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet story! :) look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing from you lovely readers! You brighten my day (that is, if you leave a nice comment). I will try my best to write back to each one of you, but regardless, your comments mean so much.