Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 29, 2012

saturday.

"Days they force you
Back under those covers
Lazy mornings they multiply
But glory's waiting
Outside your window
So wake on up from your slumber
And open up your eyes" -Needtobreathe

As I sit to write this post, "Slumber" started playing on my Pandora station.

These are words I needed to hear..."So wake on up from your slumber and open up your eyes". 

Lately, I'm feeling unrest...like the Lord is preparing me for some changes.
  I want to be alert and ready for whatever He has in store for me.


I'm going to try my hardest to open up my eyes to the beauty of THIS day.


On a completely different note...my weekend.

On Saturday night, my parents, brother-in-law, (future) sister-in-law, and I went to the Iowa State football game.
I'm not one for watching sports (although I married a sports enthusiast, go figure), but Iowa State sporting events are. my. fave.

I will ALWAYS cheer on my team.
I'm proud to be a Cyclone  


We did the tailgating thing beforehand, so I clearly had to make a batch of Scotcharoos for dessert.
Peanut buttery, chocolaty, chewy goodness right there, folks.
YUM. 


Michael was missed dearly at the game...
but I still had a blast.
I mean, how could I not?
The Cyclones WON!



It's always a delight coming home and seeing this sweet face, though.

Did you have a good weekend? I want to hear about it.
  Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. YUM desert looks AMAZING! What a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a really nice weekend, as well! A day of play in the snow with Maile, and a nice Sunday afternoon with friends (including pork and green chile stew, and a park play date) -- All in all, I can't complain a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Heather! Hope you had a great weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, sounds like a fantastic weekend to me! Is the snow still around, or has it all melted by now?

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing from you lovely readers! You brighten my day (that is, if you leave a nice comment). I will try my best to write back to each one of you, but regardless, your comments mean so much.