Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 1, 2012

a weekday outing.

Last Thursday my mom came into town for the day.

I wanted to take her to a sweet little cafe in another town about 30 minutes away...Michael, James and I went a few weeks back and it. is. delish.

After James' morning nap, we hopped in the car and headed down.  

The drive was picturesque- lots of beautiful farmland (which equaled several combines hard at work), colorful trees, and a cloudless, sunny day.  

PERFECT!

The cafe was just as good as it was a few weeks back.

I ordered a bowl of homemade Chicken Noodle Soup with a Diet Pepsi. 

James had a grilled cheese sandwich with a side of applesauce and a banana (as evidenced below).

Side note - just recently, James has decided that he's Mr. Independent and doesn't need his food cut up into bite sized pieces anymore.  Look at him shove the entire banana eat the banana like a big boy!


Mom ordered the Trio Salad (a scoop of Chicken Salad, a scoop of Tuna Salad, and a small bowl of greens with fruit and nuts on top) with an iced tea.

We also wanted to try out the (homemade) Cinnamon Roll....and we each wanted to try a (homemade) dessert.

Can you say food coma?  It was worth it, though, to have a taste of everything.

After we finished, we decided to take a walk around main street.  We popped into a few shops and then decided to head back.

On the way back, mom had suggested making a quick stop at a barn we had passed on the way out.  She wanted to see if they had any white pumpkins (we were on a hunt for these)!  

Since James' nap time was quickly approaching, it was decided that I would get out of the car and check out the pumpkin situation while my mom stayed back in the car with James.

Upon immediately pulling in, we both knew we all needed to get out and explore this place.  

I'm SO glad we did.











The outside was full of a selection of pumpkins, gourds, and the like.  
I had a hay day trying to pick out which pumpkins I wanted (let's be honest, I could've left with however many would've fit into the car!)

There were also several family friendly activities:
a design-your-pumpkin station with paint, hot glue guns, and decorations to adorn your pumpkin
a corn maze
a grassy area for kids to explore
several different games & such to keep the little ones busy
animals to look at (not to mention the sweet little kittens that I wanted to leave with...)

...and then we stepped inside the barn.  OYE!






The inside of the barn was two stories FILLED with gifts and seasonal/home decor.  

My mom and I both wanted to move right in and call it home.



To top it all off, they had quite a selection of homemade fudge.  

If I wasn't so full from our gargantuan lunch, I would've tried a piece...or four.

I'm definitely taking James back for another adventure at "the barn".


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing from you lovely readers! You brighten my day (that is, if you leave a nice comment). I will try my best to write back to each one of you, but regardless, your comments mean so much.