Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 27, 2012

life lately.


I'm currently in the process of baking Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread...here's loaf number one (loaf number two is in the oven).

I can promise you one thing (ok, two things):

1) The aroma filling up my house right this very minute should be bottled up and made into a candle.  Just sayin'.  

2) The warm, ooey gooey chocolate chips definitely make the bread.  
Although it has lost its health factor (I mean, c'mon, there's zucchini in there!), I'll still eat a piece for breakfast. 


Can't get enough of these changing leaves.

Little man and I went on a walk yesterday and I stopped approximately every 500 feet to snap another colorful tree picture.

What I'll do with all of those pictures?  I don't know.  I do love the b-e-a-utiful leaves, though.


You know you live in small town Iowa when....

there's CORN laying in the middle of main street.

Looks like Mr. (or Mrs.) farmer lost some corn en route to their destination.

It's now turned into a fine dust in the middle of Main Street.

I let out a little chuckle as I walked past.


Walks are a much needed daily occurrence around these parts.

We either take a long walk around town, or a short walk to the town square and toss around some type of ball (The boy cannot be seen without a ball in hand.  Like father, like son.)


 
There's no story behind these pictures.  Just nature, doin' it's thing...being beautiful.


Ok, can I take two seconds and tell you how absolutely HORRIFIED I am at the number of Boxelder bugs that have taken up residence on our garage?

Those black specs you see in the picture?  Yeah...all bugs.

I wish I could've snapped a photo of the whole garage.  It's just...wrong.


J and I usually spend some time on the practice field each afternoon watching dad do his coaching thing.

The mister is pretty good at it, if we do say so ourselves...

It's Homecoming week around these parts, so there are a lot of festivities happening today and Friday....followed by a football WIN (we hope).

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. What in the heck are Boxelder bugs? That doesn't look fun!

    Hey! Would you be interested in doing a guest post for me? We're going to be taking a family trip, and I'm looking for between the 8th and 12th of October. It can be something you've already done (book baskets!) or something new -- whatever you'd like. Let me know; I'd love to have you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are little (harmless) bugs that are taking up residency on my garage at the moment! :) Could be worse, I suppose.

      I would LOVE to do a guest post! Thanks for thinking of me. I will e-mail you and we can figure out which date you'd like me for. Thanks for asking, Katie. :)

      Delete
  2. Um, yeah, boxelder bugs are the things that horror movies are made of. And for some reason they are MUCH more abundant here than just 45 miles north. They are disgusting and are all over at my mom and dad's house, too. I've only seen a few on our front door so far, but they are a few too many! Quick story: When my youngest sister was a baby and in her high chair, a boxelder bug crawled across the tray and she picked it up and ate it. The end. (I am still scarred for life just having witnessed it!) By the way, I love all of your random walk pictures. The beauty of everyday stuff is underrated!

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing from you lovely readers! You brighten my day (that is, if you leave a nice comment). I will try my best to write back to each one of you, but regardless, your comments mean so much.