Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 14, 2012

there are no words...

"Jesus Wept." -John 11:35

It was originally the plan to post my 
Friday Letters on the blog today.

...and then I got word of the horrific events unfolding in Connecticut.

I'm left stunned.
I'm left speechless.
I'm feeling sick to my stomach, confused, scared, and most of all,
heartbroken 
for the families and people in that community.

Having taught in an elementary school, I can't begin to comprehend.

This just isn't fair.

Life is so fragile.
We aren't guaranteed the next day, the next hour, 
or even the next minute.
Don't wait to tell someone you love them.
Live each day as if it's your last. 

Lord, may your arms embrace those affected by today's darkness.
 
Photobucket
 
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. you are so right when you say THE most innocent victims.
    it just doesn't seem real...my heart hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been clinging to this scripture as well. So horrifying and sickening :(

    I just found your lovely blog and am now following - love your heart!

    xo
    Erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing from you lovely readers! You brighten my day (that is, if you leave a nice comment). I will try my best to write back to each one of you, but regardless, your comments mean so much.