Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

iced pumpkin cookies.

2 years ago, I knew nothing about this delicious little treat.

That all changed one day when my friend, Hannah, brought in a bag of these cookies before our day of teaching began (she clearly knew I needed some fuel for the brain to get through the school day).

My life hasn't been the same since (thanks, Hannah!)

While shopping at the grocery store yesterday, I passed by the canned pumpkins adorning the shelf.  
They were practically begging me to take them home...so I happily obliged.  

...and then a cookie baking session commenced.

Ingredients: 

COOKIES: 
2 1/2 C all-purpose flour          1 C canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp baking powder                1 egg
1 tsp baking soda                  1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg              ICING:
1/2 tsp ground cloves              2 C confectioners' sugar
1/2 tsp salt                       3 tbsp milk
1/2 C butter, softened             1 tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 C white sugar                1 tsp vanilla extract
  
DIRECTIONS: 


1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Combine (I used a fork to mix) flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside. 


2) In a separate bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. 


3) Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 tsp vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy.  


4) Mix in dry ingredients (I continued to use my beater) then drop on cookie sheet (approximately a tablespoon size) and flatten slightly. 


5) Bake cookies for 15 minutes.  Try not to eat the entire batch of cookies while waiting for them to cool.  The delicious aroma will make you want to eat them all right then and there...but the best part is yet to come, so wait!
 


6) Once cookies are cooled, put together the icing: combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tbsp melted butter, and 1 tsp vanilla.  Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency (I used approximately 5 tbsp total).  Then drizzle over cookies (get creative if you want...I clearly couldn't wait any longer).


7) Admire your hard work for .5 seconds...then dig in!
 
  
Recipe adapted from here
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Those look so yummy, I could probably eat all the frosting! Lol
    Thanks for sharing, I have to try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, you definitely need to try these cookies! I promise you that it's worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing from you lovely readers! You brighten my day (that is, if you leave a nice comment). I will try my best to write back to each one of you, but regardless, your comments mean so much.